September 2, 2007

Greenhouse?? If not, what?


I mentioned in a previous entry in this blog that I never water my lawn. And how it is always green, just as green as my neighbors' lawns which are watered constantly throughout the summer. My dad had a great philosophy regarding lawns which I wholeheartedly subscribe to: "as long as the lawn is green, it doesn't matter if it's weeds or grass."
And usually after a hot summer (especially a hot August), the grass tends to grow slower and take on a shade of brown. But today when I cut the back lawn, it was high, lush, and green, just like it is in late April or early May. Not sure what's going on.

1 comment:

ray said...

I also subscribe to the axiom of our father. And I also agree that this year my lawn didn't get that nice shade of brown which would have allowed me to skip a mowing. I think just too much rain this year.