June 3, 2020

CoVid-19 Update 6

Last Friday, I did my usual two-week grocery run at Stop and Shop.  They open at 6 AM for Senior Citizens.  That's good but I grew tired of the empty shelves and the high prices.  So I decided to try and return to Shop Rite today.  They have no S.C. hours and open up at 7 AM.  I was there before 7 and when it opened I was glad to see that they regulate the number of shoppers in the store.  And it didn't seem like a lot of people shop that early.  Shelves were plentiful and they still had low prices.  It was good to be back home.
   
And yesterday I filled up my car.  It had been 87 days since I was at a gas station!  The price was an incredible $1.69.  I had only driven 250 miles in those 87 days.  Besides only going to the grocery store, I now drive 1 mile each day to park my car for my daily run.  All of that resulted in a very low 25 mpg average.  Normally, my car gets a mpg in the low 30s.
   

No comments: